Monday, September 22, 2008

Blessed Times

Our first MOPS meeting was wonderful. (I hope others of you who attended would agree).

I don't know about for everyone else, but, for me, Laura's testimony was eye opening and heart warming. It caused me to re-evaluate many areas of my life. I cannot begin to imagine what she is going through. But, I do know, that the strength she has is from the Lord. She said it and I believe it...because, there could be no other explanation. I pray for a miracle for her and that the strength, wisdom, faith and hope that she has remains ever present.


As I looked at her caring bridge site (www.caringbridge.org/visit/lblack), I was reminded of the story she told about the rainbow. If you haven't already looked at her site, I encourage you to do so. The pictures of her BEAUTIFUL family made her story come to life even more. The pictures of the rainbow(s) filled my eyes with tears and covered my body with chills. The vividness of this wonderful symbol of hope is such a GOD thing. Once again, there could be no other explanation.



Please keep Laura in your prayers



We had door prizes galore...





We got to know each other in our discussion group times...




Our hospitality coordinator went all out w/ the decorations...these mums were also door prizes

We also made some keychains that serve as a reminder to take care of ourselves as women--through self-breast exams and routine MD exams and testing. This also can serve as a reminder to pray for Laura Black. (i will post pictures of the keychain later...my husband has the camera right now)

Please join us for our next MOPS on October 8. We will be enjoying more food, fellowship, and fun. Our focus will be on juggling the many hats we wear as women. See you then!!

1 comment:

Christi said...

I had such a great time - thank you for your hard work!